Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Fountain

The next thing I did was purchase a 4 tier fountain from a place on 436 ... close to the 17-92 intersection. I can't remember the name of it. Anyway, the fountain weighed 500 pounds and I had to have it professionally delivered and installed. There is an area in the backyard that was a tangled mess of fern, vines and 6 foot tall shell ginger. I created a path by mowing through the fern and then pulling the stubs out by the roots. This was the best method for me. I got the fountain installed, put a bench across from it and created my meditation spot. Then I decided to pull out the rest of the fern and plant a bed there. I've tried several things, but ended up with the plants posted in my June 22 post "Pond Plants and Shade Plants." Here is a before picture of that area:

I had to pull a lot of fern to get to this:

This is a wonderful place to just sit and think:

No comments:

Post a Comment