Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Pergola Project Part I

I asked my fiance if he would build me a pergola where our nuptials would take place. It would provide more privacy in the backyard from anyone who might be walking down the sidewalk. The kids in the neighborhood tend to ride their skateboards down the section where the ceremony would take place, and a barrier would be great to minimize such distractions. At the time I made my request, my fiance was building an addition on the house. He was turning the screen porch outside the master bedroom into a new master bathroom. Here are some before and after pictures:

This is my fiance, John, doing the block work for the new master bathroom.


John finished the bathroom the morning of the wedding. He was painting the bathroom door that morning! Here is the finished bathroom.

John, my fiance, did all the plumbing, electrical, block work, foundation work. He hired his brother-in-law, John Heizman of John's Custom Woodworking, to build and install the cabinets, tub surround, wall niche above the tub, and crown molding. Check out John's website at the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment