Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Little Park

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. My husband and I went on a much needed vacation ... just a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas, but no phones or internet, so we were forced to relax. Yahoo! Since returning, I have gotten several calls to do photo montages. My website is really working for me. If you search for slideshow Orlando or photo montage Orlando or my latest client told me she searched for "photos to DVD" and found me. Yahoo again!

After my fiance, John, gave me the go ahead to start working on the garden for the wedding, I started working full time in the garden. I decided I wanted the entire front and back yards to look like Leu Gardens, with winding paths and "rooms" throughout. I haven't been good at creating theme rooms; it has been a challenge figuring out what will live in my mostly shade garden. I want more color than shades of green...impatiens are great but not 1/2 acre of them!

After we got rid of the grass, the weeds took over in no time. I did not have time to get all the flower beds installed before the wedding, so I had to focus on a couple of flower beds and cover the large grassless areas with weed fabric then cover that with mulch. We should have bought stock in weed fabric that year! It ended up looking very nice. With all the tree coverage the leaves covered the mulch in a matter of days. It looked much like a state park as you can see.


No comments:

Post a Comment